I’ve been doing this blog for around 4 months now, and I realised that I haven’t ever properly introduced myself to you all. How rude of me!
I like watching the ’50 facts about me’ videos on YouTube, but I couldn’t think of 50 things worth telling you. So I thought I’d complete this tag that I found through someone else’s blog!
1. What is your middle name?: Louise. Pretty common, early 90s girl middle name.
2. What was favorite subject at school?: English was always my favourite, and the one that was the most natural to me. I went on to complete a Degree in English Literature and Language to First Class Honours, and still love reading and writing. I am the biggest book junkie I know, and read hundreds of books a year. I’m also a qualified Secondary School English Teacher (For my sins!) so it’s great that I get to read for a living.
3. What is your favorite drink?: I love a cup of tea or coffee, and you can’t beat a good old herbal tea. Otherwise, I just love plain water 🙂 I’m not a big alcohol drinker; it’s more of a social thing than anything. However, when I do go out, I love a good vodka and lemonade, and never underestimate the power of a good cocktail!
4. What is your favorite song at the moment?: I don’t have a favorite song, because I just listen to absolutely everything. My favourite song of all time would be Iris, by The Goo Goo Dolls. I also love The Book of Love, by Peter Gabriel, as it was my first dance song at my wedding.
5. What is your favorite food?: ooh, a hard one! I’m a big fan of Chinese food, but I love my moms homemade lasagna. Yum!
6. What is the last thing you bought?: The last thing I brought was a Funko Pop doll for my Husband for Christmas, as he is completely obsessed with these things! For myself, I last brought a Christmas iPhone case.
7. Favorite book of all time?: Again, I am a massive reader so this is extremely difficult. I have to say I absolutely love To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee; this was the first ‘grown up’ novel I read when I was 15 that made a lasting impression on me. As a college student I read The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald and fell in love with the ideals of Gatsby. But I have to say that the novels I come back to time and again are the Harry Potter Collection. I remember the magic they filled me with as a child, and I get this every time I read them as an adult.
8. Favorite Color?: Blue or Red 🙂
9. Do you have any pets?: I have two cats, Penny and Percy. They are such rascals but I love them to bits.
10. Favorite Perfume?: Gucci Guilty. I have loads of favourites, but this is my all-time favourite. I absolutely love it.
11. Favorite Holiday?: Probably Christmas; I love spending time with my family round my parents house. It’s such a chilled and laid-back day, but I wouldn’t change it for the world.
12. Are you married?: Yes I am, and have been for almost three and a half years. It’s absolutely the best thing, as I’ve married the most wonderful man. Rob is my best friend and a wonderful father to our son.
13. Have you ever been out of the country, if so how many times?: I love going abroad, and have been on many a holiday to Spain and the Spanish islands, Greece and France. I also went to the Dominican Republic for my Honeymoon, which was just beautiful.
14. Do you speak any other language?: Unfortunately, no. I did learn French and Spanish when I was at school. And deeply regret not continuing these further. One day I would like to continue to learn these, but it’s just finding the time to commit to them.
15. How many siblings do you have?: I have two younger sisters.
16. What is your favorite shop?: Tough one! I’m a big High Street fan, so I’d say Primark, New Look or Marks&Spencers. But I do love a Boots haul!
17. Favorite restaurant?: My favorite restaurant is local and it’s a gastro-pub near my Mom and Dads house. The food is just phenomenal.
18. When was the last time you cried?: Jeez, I cry all the time! I watched the John Lewis advert and teared up, then I watched Strictly Come Dancing and that too brought a tear to my eye!
19. Favorite Blog?: That’s far too difficult to answer; I follow some amazing bloggers and they are all so talented in their own ways.
20. Favorite Movie?: I’m a big movie junkie, and there are so many choices! I’m going to say Breakfast at Tiffany’s, as I just love its timeless quality. Plus, Audrey Hepburn and George Peppard are just stunning.
21. Favorite TV shows?: Ooh, good question! You ready? Game of Thrones, Friends, Lost, Heroes, Westworld, 24, Greys Anatomy, Breaking Bad, Pretty Little Liars, Gossip Girl, Orange is the New Black, Peaky Blinders, Luther, Stranger Things, Buffy, Angel, and plenty more where that came from!
22. PC or Mac?: I’ve never owned a Mac (One day, maybe!) so I’d have to say PC. Although I do love my iPad and iPhone – do those count?
23. What phone do you have?: Currently an iPhone 6, although I’m looking to upgrade to the 7plus.
24. How tall are you?: 5’5″
25. Can you cook?: Yes, I can cook; I do like cooking, but I have to say I am more of a baker 🙂 I tend to just wing it with cooking, but I love the exactness and precision with baking 🎂
26.What is your favourite childhood memory?: I wouldn’t call it a favourite memory, but one of my earliest memories was from when I was around 3, when my youngest sister was born. I remember my Nan and Grandad taking me and my sister Laura to the hospital to see my Mom and baby sister, and my Grandad telling me off for scuffing my shoes along the floor! I also remember my Nan tucking me and my sister into bed later on in the evening.
27. Tell us one of your bad habits! I have the most disgusting habit of biting the skin around my fingers, namely my thumbs. I’m not a nail biter, but out of anxiety or nerves I just pick at the skin around my fingers, sometimes until they’r red raw and bleeding. It gets to the point where I’m embarrassed to show my thumbs. I’ve tried all sorts of things to stop me doing it, but nothing works. I found out recently that this is an OCD behaviour related to anxiety and stress, called Dermatophagia.
And that’s just a little more about me! If there’s anything you want to know further just leave your question in the comments; and if you’ve completed a similar tag, let me know where I can find it, so I can read a little more about you!