Another tag! I actually really liked completing the last tag post I did; I love reading other people’s posts where you get to learn a little bit more about their personalities, interests and traditions, and I thought I’d complete this one to let you know a little more about mine!
The Christmas Tag
1. What’s your favourite Christmas film? Me and my Husband have a fair few, but I think Home Alone 1 and 2 are my complete favourites. Saying that, there’s still quite a few Christmas films I’ve never seen. Can you believe I’ve never even seen Elf?!
2. Have you ever had a White Christmas?
Nope. Not for a long time, probably since I was a baby. There’s been a number of occasions where it seemed like it would snow, but it’s never happened.
3. Where do you usually spend your holiday?
Me and Rob alternate between our parents; we’ll spend Christmas Day with one set of parents and Boxing Day the next, and the following year we’ll swap. This year we’re spending Christmas Day with my parents, which I’m so happy about as it’s my sons first Christmas, and nobody does Christmas like my mom does!
4. What is your favourite Christmas song?
I love The Pogues ‘Fairy tale of New York’ – it doesn’t feel like Christmas until I’ve heard this one.
5. Do you open any Christmas presents on Christmas Eve?
No, I like to save them until Christmas Day. When we were younger, me and my sisters would always have new pyjamas to go to sleep in on Christmas Eve, and it’s something I still like to do aged 28!
6. Can you name all Santa’s reindeer?
Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner and Blitzen. And Rudolph as well, obviously!
7. What holiday traditions are you looking forward to?
I’m really looking forward to seeing my son get excited for Christmas, and the magic on his face when he realises Santa’s been.
8. Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
Fake – so much easier to look after. As I have cats, they make such a mess with a real tree that having a fake one is so much easier to manage. I love the idea of a real one, but haven’t got the time to tidy up after it! I do try and put a real one outside the house each year.
9. What is your all time favourite Christmas food/sweet or treat?
I love having all the Christmas nuts; I don’t eat them any time other than Christmas! I also love Ferraro Rocher and the purple chocolates in the tubs of Roses!
10. Do you like giving or receiving presents better?
When I was younger I used to get really excited about receiving presents, but now I think it’s more about the giving. I love spending time choosing a really special gift for someone, and the look on their face when they receive it. Don’t get me wrong, I still love receiving presents though, especially when it’s something I wasn’t expecting.
11. What is the best Christmas present you ever received?
There’s been so many over the years, it’s really difficult to narrow down one particular choice. I remember last year, my husband brought me some Ugg Boots that I’d had my eye on, which I specifically asked for. But to surprise me, when he went to London to see his cousin he popped into The Body Shop to buy me a gift set from there. It may not seem like much to anyone else, but the fact that he remembered I liked shopping there and specifically went there to choose something for me meant the world.
12. What would your dream place to visit for the holiday?
I want to go to New York and stay at the Plaza, just like in Home Alone 2! I also fancy spending the day somewhere really exotic and hot, just to see what it’d be like. The Maldives, maybe. But I’d have to win the lottery first!
13. Are you a pro present wrapper or do you fail miserably?
I wouldn’t say I’m a complete pro, but I’m a hell of a lot better at it than my husband, so in my eyes that makes me a pro!
14. Most memorable holiday moment?
Nothing out of the ordinary, just the usual family moments: my dad falling asleep on the sofa after lunch, playing cards, our annual family Christmas quiz.
15. What made you realise the truth about Santa?
I had my suspicions when I was around 7 years old, because I was a very logical child. My Mom actually caught the moment on camera! I noticed that the paper Santa had used to wrap up mine and my sisters presents was the same one I’d seen my mom using to wrap up my Nan and Grandads present.
16. Do you make New Year’s resolutions? If so do you stick to them?
Yes, I still set them. Sometimes I stick to them so I still continue to set them, but most of the time I end up breaking them. I made a resolution last year to drink more water, and to this day I haven’t broken it at all. I use an app to track the intake, so I have proof!
17. What makes the holiday special for you?
Spending it with my family and husband. Like I said before, no one does Christmas quite like my mom, so I always look forward to going round there.