I was very pleased to be nominated by The Spicy Bean (@itsthespicybean from itsthespicybean.com) for this award, as it’s the first award I’ve been nominated for! It still amazes me that there are people out there who actually read this blog; what started out as a hobby seems to have grown and grown!!
For those that may not know, the Liebster Award is a virtual award that bloggers pass from on to the other as a way of showing their support, and promoting those fellow lovelies that we enjoy reading!
First, here are the Rules:
- Acknowledge who nominated you and share their links.
- Share 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions you’ve been asked by the blogger that nominated you
- Nominate 11 more bloggers whose blog you recommend.
- Ask 11 questions you would like those bloggers to answer
- Include and image of the Liebster Award either in your post or the sidebar of your blog
- Let them know that they’ve been nominated
So without further ado…
11 Facts about Me:
- I’m not that much of a drinker, more a social drinker, but my favourite tipples are as follows: Fruity cider, vodka, gin and practically any cocktail I can get my hands on (Except Pina Colada; that stuff is nasty!)
- Probably going to piss off a lot of people, but I don’t really like avocado. I mean, I eat it occasionally on toast, or with fajitas (mmmm, guac!) but other than that I can take it or leave it. Mainly leave it.
- If I won the lottery tomorrow and didn’t have to work ever again, I’d continually go back to university and do a different degree each time, because I love learning. I’ve got a degree in English Literature already, so I’d probably start with History or Psychology.
- I have 4 tattoos!
- I have two Bengal Cats; a ginger male named Percy, and a tortoiseshell female named Penny. Me and my Husband never realised this at the time, but they’re have the same names as the Percy and Penny Pig sweets sold by Marks and Spencer! Complete coincidence, I swear!
- I love going to the theatre, and have been countless times over the years. I’m dying to see Hamilton and Les Miserables!
- I’m all about that ham and pineapple pizza.
- I’d like to live in London.
- My first car was a 1996 white Ford Fiesta. It cost me £700 to buy, was a cracking little car, but I eventually scrapped it to the Government for £2000!
- I don’t like baked beans. I’ll eat them if I have to, but I especially don’t like it when the bean juice touches my other food.
- I broke my wrist on a night out when I was 20. I fell over at the top of some steps at a nightclub, put my wrist out to break my fall, and broke it! I’d only been there 10 minutes; I wasn’t even drunk!
Now, onto the Questions…
- What is your favourite thing about being a blogger?
I absolutely love the blogging community! I’ve had so much support and love from fellow bloggers; it makes you feel so accepted and appreciated! There are some wonderful people out there and so much talent; it amazes me how many wonderful people are at the other end of the internet!
- What pets have you had (if any) and what were their names?
There’s been quite a few pets in my life! The pets that were officially mine (And not shared by my sisters or my mom and dads pets) were a hamster named Spice, a Heinz-57 dog named Jess, and my two cats Penny and Percy (mentioned previously).
- How would your typical day look?
On a typical work day I get up around 6, feed my son and get ready for work, drop him off at nursery and leave around 7.30. I’m a Secondary School English Teacher, so my day is very varied and unpredictable! I usually get home around 5ish to pick my son up from nursery, get tea on and play with him. After he’s in bed me and Hubby usually watch a bit of TV, or he’ll play on his PlayStation and I’ll read or complete some blog work. Pretty boring, really!!
- Now how would your perfect day look?
My perfect day would be a lie-in longer than 6am (Thanks Owen!!), a relaxed and lazy morning with my Husband and Son, then maybe a day trip out somewhere and a pub lunch with my family. Simple, but perfect!
- Which is your favourite room in the house and why?
I absolutely love my bedroom. We’ve just decorated it and it feels so cosy and homey, and our new King Size bed gives it a real advantage over all the other rooms we have!
- If you could change one thing about who you are what would it be?
I would like to change something physically about myself; I’ve always been self-conscious about my weight, so I’d love to get back to the size I was when I first met my Husband. I was a size 10 back then, but alas – love, marriage and a baby soon changed all that!
- How was your time at school?
Amazing; I was very lucky that I went to a good school and had a good set of friends. I never experienced bullying (that I know of), achieved good grades and was always successful. I was luckier than most.
- What are the three things you’re most thankful for at the moment?
My husband and son, my family and all our good health. Touch wood and fingers crossed that nothing changes.
- What’s your favourite blog post that you have written and why?
There’s been quite a few, but one of my recent favourites is my Body Confidence blog post, as it reminds me that you don’t need to be perfect to be attractive. I also really like my Nars Orgasm Dupes as it was very time-consuming, and my posts on Having a Baby and Being a Mom because it brought back a lot of happy memories of my Son’s early days in the world.
- What was the last thing you cooked or baked and how did it taste?
The last thing I baked was a Battenburg cake for Easter Sunday at my Moms – very tasty!
- Who inspires you?
My mom and sister for their courage and selflessness, my Husband for his patience and kindness, and Emma Watson for her grace and determination.
Lastly, my nominees for the Liebster Award are…
Tori | @Tori_blog |dreams-and-schemes.blogspot.com
Chloe |@chloealr | chloealicelily.co.uk
Annaleid | @ActuallyAnnaxo |actuallyanna.com
Kimmiee | @TheTypicalBBlog | thetypicalbeautyblog.wordpress.com
Amara | @Brightonbbblog | brightonbb.blogspot.co.uk
Emmy | @Whispering20s | whisperingtwenties.co.uk
Charlotte Amanda | @charramandaa | charlotteamanda.co.uk
Caitlin | @caitlintaylor71 | Caitlinbethtaylor.blogspot.co.uk
Sally | @little_budget | littlebudget.co.uk
Becca | @beccapbeauty | beccapbeauty.wordpress.com
Hannah | @squishy_hannah | hannahsbeautifullife.com
The 11 questions I’d like you to answer are:
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
- What would be top of your Bucket List?
- What is your ‘guilty pleasure’ film or TV show?
- If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
- What’s the best mistake you’ve ever made?
- What is your favourite book and why?
- Who is your celebrity crush?
- What is your worst habit?
- What is your earliest memory?
- Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
- What advice would you give to anyone thinking of starting a blog?
Off you go, ladies! Don’t forget to leave me a comment with your links to your Liebster Award post down below!