For the past two years of being self-hosted I’ve completed a daily Blogmas, but with an almost three year old and month old baby I have a feeling this is going to be near-impossible this year! Instead, I’m going to complete a 12 Days of Blogmas instead. Welcome to Day One!
And what a better way to kick it off than with a good ol’ Christmas Tag! I think it’s actually a tradition here that I complete a Christmas Tag within the first week; they’re just so fun and easy to put together. This particular one comes courtesy of Book Loving Nut, so make sure you check out their blog here!
1. “You’re a Mean One Mr. Grinch”: Name a villainous character you couldn’t help but love.
I feel like this particular character is like Marmite in the way he divides a fandom, but I’m going to go with Snape. Good guy with bad intentions, or bad guy with good intentions? At times I loathed him, but could see by the end of the series that he had (semi) redeemed himself.
2. “All I Want for Christmas is You”: Which book to you most hope to see under your Christmas tree?
Ooh, a difficult question indeed! I have a rather large ‘To read’ list, so if Santa wants to bring me a few of them, he can check out my Goodreads or Amazon Wishlist…
3. “Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer”: Name a character that overcomes major obstacles and learns to believe in themselves.
This is quite a hard one, as there are several characters that came to mind. Katniss Everdeen, Harry Potter and Lyra Belacqua were what first sprang to mind.
4. “Santa Claus is Coming to Town”: a) Which character do you think would be on the top of the naughty list?
b) Which character do you think would be at the top of the nice list?
In order to avoid a Harry Potter theme, I’m going to go with a character in the book I’m currently reading – Henrick Groen – an 83 year old man in an elderly persons home.
5. “Frosty the Snowman”: Which book just melts your heart.
To Kill a Mockingbird – Every. Single. Time.
6. “Feliz Navidad”: Choose a book that takes place in a country other than your own.
To be honest, this covers the majority of books I read.
7. “It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year”: Which holiday themed book do you use to spread the Christmas joy.
Harry Potter is a great book to read at Christmastime, because imagining the decorations, the Great Hall, the food etc sounds absolutely amazing. I also love reading The Chronicles of Narnia: the lion, the witch and the wardrobe as the first few chapters when Lucy first enters Narnia sound magical.
8. “Sleigh Ride”: Which fictional character would you choose to spend the holidays with (doesn’t have to be a love interest!)
Not so much a fictional character, but I’d love to spend Christmas at Hogwarts.
9. “Baby it’s Cold Outside”: Which book that you didn’t like would you sacrifice to a fire to warm yourself up in the cold?
Maybe The Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy? Or Twilight? Hated both!
10. “Do you hear what I hear”: Which book do you think everyone should read?
There are so so many! To Kill a Mockingbird, The Power, I Know why the Caged Bird Sings, The Color Purple… I could be here a while naming them all.
If you want to complete this tag, feel free to use the questions and leave me a comment so I can read your posts!